Chemical Mixture and Cleaning your Log Home
- First you mix 4 ounces of TSP with approximately 1 gallon of Hot Water in a garden sprayer put the lid on and shake till TSP is dissolved. This will prevent your sprayer from plugging the tip.
- Then add 1/3 to 1 ½ gallons of bleach depending on the severity of the mold on your home. It is easier to let the chemicals clean so use accordingly. Then top off your sprayer with water the rest of the way.
- Then wet the wall area you are starting on and with water. This seems to help prevent streaking.
- Next take your garden sprayer and spay down your wall area evenly. Let sit for 5 to 15 minutes depending on how fast it’s drying. You don’t want the chemicals to dry on the wall.
- We normally rinse with no more than 500lbs of direct pressure on your logs or wood surface. Also I like to go back after I have washed it and prep the next section and rinse again.
- I recommend you remove your screens it prevents damage from a pressure washer and also if you stain it prevents any dripping on screens. It’s easier if you get a drop on a window to remove than the screen replacement.
- Then just keep repeating this process until done.
- Once cleaned leave sit for 24 to 48 hrs to let wood dry. This will change depending on how much sun and wind you have.
- We recommend using a 4” stain brush they are heavier than normal and you can remove the handles and put a broom handle on them for an extension or regular roller extension.
- If using Sikkens Cetol products we recommend using KwikEase Cleaner for brushes and combination of Paint thinner.